Friday 21 August 2015

Machu Picchu

Machu Picchu is a hot tourist destination. There is a 6-month wait time after getting a access to this place. It is located in Peru, South America. I grabbed these pictures from devinsupertramp on youtube. Machu Picchu is an abandoned city on the hilly mountains. The city is breath-taking.


 Not only is the ruins beautiful, so are the sights. Its something to brag about. Being to Machu Picchu is an honor. Although a tourist can only stay up there for 6 hours, it is really a great experience
There is a rustic feel of this place. The scary part of Machu Picchu is that the city is empty. No civilization, no farms, nothing. Not even bones. The indigenous locals does not even know this city exists! At night, no tourist are allowed to enter.
This is the entrance of Machu Picchu. There are two ways to enter, through the Inca trail, or by flight. By the Inca trail, it would take up to 5 days and 4 nights. The Incas are the indigenous people in Peru.
This is a view of Machu Picchu taken by National Geographic. They terrace the land here, most likely for crops a long time ago. As of now, Machu Picchu is an income generator for Peru.


Machu Picchu is an amazing place where I recommend people to go. I remember as a child, my parents brought me here and I thought it was  "just a place". 7 years later, after my friend taught me a bit on tourism in his Geography class, I realised I thought that this legendary experience was "just a place". I would definitely revisit if I have the time. I recommend anyone to come to Peru and enjoy Machu Picchu. It is truly, truly a legendary experience



No comments:

Post a Comment